Who: WHS Players (rising 9th - 12th grades)
Dates: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (9/8, 9/9 & 9/10)
Location: Sprague Turf Field #3 (3:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
Led by: Coach Bessette & Coach Callie Lekas (Wellesley College head varsity field hockey coach) & Coach Katie Frade (Wellesley College assistant varsity field hockey coach)
Cost: $125/player - for 2nd week - only 3 open spots
WHS Pre-Season Clinic Summer 2020
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the United States Field Hockey Association programs, The Wellesley Youth Field Hockey Club, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and willingly agrees that:
- I will comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official, coach, volunteer or parent immediately; and
- I acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and sever social and economic losses which may result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the action, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, even those arising from the negligent acts or omissions of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless the United States Field Hockey Association, its officers, officials, affiliated clubs (including but not limited to, The Wellesley Youth Field Hockey Club), their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies advertisers, and if applicable owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees,” with respect to all and any injury, disability, death or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I hereby grant permission to USA Field Hockey and The Wellesley Youth Field Hockey Club to use my photograph image or likeness in any or all official USA Field Hockey publications, film, video or official USAFH website(s) without further consideration or compensation. I understand that USAFH retains ownership of all photographs and images and any and all rights to photographs images in any format or medium.
- I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Through purchase of a Wellesley Youth Field Hockey Club program, this is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In consideration of being allowed to participate, the undersigned acknowledges, certifies and agrees that:
1. My participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness, injury, and death does exist.
2. If I have a pre-existing health condition, exposure to COVID-19, or any other infectious disease may be more likely to cause serious illness, injury, or death.
3. WYFHC cannot ensure that all other participants, including coaches and volunteers, are taking precautionary measures to mitigate risks to ensure the health and safety of other participants, coaches, volunteers, and therefore, participation in a WYFHC event involves risk of exposure to infectious disease.
4. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
5. I certify that I have not recently tested positive for, and am not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, whichinclude a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, headache, chills, muscle or body aches and/or sore throat.
6. I certify that I do not have a household family member/roommate who has recently tested positive for or exhibited the above-referenced symptoms of COVID-19.
7. I willingly agree to comply with all recommendations provided by WYFHC to ensure safe play. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest coach, staff member or volunteer, or official immediately.
8. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WYFHC, and their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, volunteers, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS
TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY
AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.